Happy New Year! Friday, January 31st marks the Lunar New Year, and you know what that means. If you’ve already blown your regular New Year’s resolutions, this is your chance for a fresh new start. Except, obviously, Lunar New Year resolutions have to do with the moon.
Here are mine:
1) I hereby resolve not to eat green cheese. Except for Gorgonzola and blue cheese, which, although it’s called blue, often has a green cast to it. I’m definitely swearing off green American cheese, but will still enjoy the American blues. Strictly from a musical standpoint.
2) I hereby resolve not to moon anyone, especially while traveling in a car. By the time I got my Spanx pulled down, the light would probably have turned green anyway, much like the cheese.
3) I hereby resolve to listen to The Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd even more often than I currently do, and that’s a lot.
4) I hereby resolve to sing Shine On Harvest Moon in that “yo-di-oh-do”, Rudy Vallee kind of way, whenever I’m on a hay-rack ride during the month of October.
5) I hereby resolve to learn the moonwalk. Naaaaah. That’s too hard. I’ll just watch the maestro, Michael Jackson getting down with his fine, smooth self to Billie Jean.
6) I hereby resolve to finally learn that tricky part of Moonlight Sonata that I could never get right, even after 6 years of lessons with Mrs. Meilach. As soon as I get a piano.
7) I hereby resolve to keep my eyes peeled for any jumping cows, violin-playing cats or cutlery doing the 50-yard dash and, if seen, I will report them to the proper authorities.
What are your Lunar New Year Resolutions?