Great Dining Expectations

“Let’s go out to eat tonight.”

I hate roughing it on the chef’s night off!

I’m sorry, sir, but we have a strict hipster dress code. Would you care to borrow a pair of skinny jeans and some black glasses?

Let me top off that coffee, honey. Did you save room for coconut cream pie?

What the hell – supersize it, babe! It’s not every day we have a 25th anniversary.

Would madam care for a quart of Valvoline with her tube steak?

Same words + different people = different meanings

It’s all a matter of expectations.

About pegoleg

R-A-M-B-L-I-N-G-S, Ram...Blin!
This entry was posted in General Ramblings and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

64 Responses to Great Dining Expectations

1. bigsheepcommunications says:

Those photos were making me hungry until I got to the meatloaf looking stuff drenched in gravy. I think I’ll just eat at home.

2. k8edid says:

So true. Since I am working and my husband is not, too often he makes his favorite thing for dinner: reservations.

3. I’ll take number 2, the seafood please. With a green salad on the side. Thanks.

4. As you wrote, it’s all a matter of perspective. even a tube steak has its moments, though usually they taste better at a ballpark or picnic.

5. I’ll have the filet in #1 please…

6. So how was the tube steak??

mmm mmm! Meatloaf, mashed taters and green beans is my fave meal evah!
    And Big Mac? Never had one. (are you buying this?)

7. misswhiplash says:

Is there Fish ‘n chips on the menu?

8. Lenore Diane says:

The fact that McDonald’s was the most appealing to me probably indicates that I am high class.
    Forgive me if I’ve shared this tidbit before … Whenever my Dad asked my Mom if she wanted him to take her out to dinner, he would always add, “I’ll take you to Dave’s place.” Of course, Dave’s place was Wendy’s.

9. Go Jules Go says:

Ha ha! I just read this three times and it got funnier each time! I also got hungry enough to eat ANY of them, but gasp, I think you just diagnosed me a hipster. OMG. And I have those glasses. Okay, someone padlock the skinny jeans before it’s too late!!!

10. I haven’t had McDonalds in forever. And that pic kinda made me want some. But not for my anniversary. Or any other special occasion.

11. winsomebella says:

Okay, now I am hungry!

12. Laura says:

I’ve never heard of “tube steak” before. It sounds kind of dirty.

13. Audrey says:

This is awesome, captions are perfect!!

14. Margie says:

So, did you photograph all the places you’ve eaten at lately, or were these photos the result of some excellent investigative journalism?

15. Tar-Buns says:

I’ll take the shrimp, thank you, but with a window seat like the view for meal #1. Heaven!

• pegoleg says:

Do you recognize the last place? I walked down there from M&D’s house when I was last in town and thought “Who in the world wants to eat dinner at the gas station?”.

16. Janu says:

17. Al says:

I would order one of those 2/$2.22 grill items, but I’d be afraid of getting gas.

18. Dana says:

Wait, where are your crunchy granola almost vegan options? I didn’t recognize myself in any of the photos. Unless you make the tubesteak a tofu dog– yuck! 😦

19. Roly says:

Prawns, anyway, anyhow, anytime 🙂

20. Your McDonald’s meal caption still has me giggling. Heh.

21. Angie Z. says:

Mmmmm….Valvoline. Now you’re talking. I spread that on toast with a sprinkle of cinnamon.

22. pattisj says:

Where’s the salad bar? Or the buffet? Ok, you got me with the coconut cream pie, and I’m having dessert first!

• pegoleg says:

I went to a huge buffet on Father’s Day and actually did that. Started with brownies as an appetizer, then had 2 kinds of pie for dessert. Not my shining hour, diet-wise.

23. Why… that looks suspiciously like a No. One.
    Not that I would know, of course…

24. brennagrimes says:

Darn McDonalds. Sucks you in when you least expect it. Well at least there’s one 2 blocks from my house, so in my defense, I walk there…that makes up for something, right? RIGHT?!

25. Karaboo says:

I always knew my hubby was high class!! Hot dogs from the gas station are almost his daily choice for breakfast. I have yet to indulge that particular dining establishment – no matter how much he begs…..