While flipping through a glossy new-car brochure, I came across a vehicle colored Champagne Sand. The implication was that I (and a fantasy companion) could be sipping champagne on a smooth, sandy beach if only we had this car to get us there. That mental picture beats the heck out of a trip to the grocery store, which is what a photo of a Beige mini-van usually inspires.
The colors of my life are often dull. Sometimes they’re downright disgusting. Maybe it’s just the way I’m looking at things. Applying a bit of Madison Avenue razzle-dazzle might improve my outlook.
- The cat threw up all over the carpet. Knowing that Beeby has been frolicking in a Field of Young Clover will make cleanup a snap.
- The knife slipped while I was chopping onions. That bright ribbon of Cherries Jubilee unfurling on the kitchen counter gives me great ideas for our next remodel.
- Someone left a used Q-Tip by the bathroom sink again. I can’t help but admire its rich shade of English Toffee as I chuck it in the trash.
- Too much asparagus for dinner. What a pleasant surprise when a midnight trip to the loo reveals a stream of Pea Pea Green.
- With roots this lovely shade of Mouse Coat Gray, I’m in no hurry to call my hairdresser
- Just because every wall in the house is painted Polar Bear Lumbering Through A Snowy Landscape, doesn’t mean I’m a cowardly decorator.
- The hirsute guy on the treadmill in front of me has a big tuft of hair sticking through a hole in the back of his t-shirt. The Wire Brush Black hair provides a vivid contrast with his white shirt.
It’s just a matter of having the right attitude! With my new outlook, the next time life hands me lemons, I’ll make lemonade – colored Yesterday’s Urine Yellow.