I saw a fascinating British documentary called Supersize She. The movie chronicled the efforts of a professional woman bodybuilder named Joanna to be #1 in her sport.
Everything was great until the interviewer asked about steroid use. That’s when Joanna blew up.
I don’t blame her. Women bodybuilders literally work their butts off. It is nothing but a vicious stereotype that the pros use steroids that turn them into men.
As a regular at the YMCA; someone who routinely pushes back 40 lbs on the Seated Leg Press – yes, you read that right: I said 4 ZERO – I believe I’m qualified to speak for these women and put to rest some of the steroid rumors swirling about them.
- Women bodybuilders are just naturally flat-chested. Except when they have real, natural breasts that look like 2 grapefruit sitting up high on their rock-hard pecs.
- It’s merely coincidence that all female bodybuilders sing basso profundo.
- It is NOT true that steroids make them super aggressive. They are still feminine and have no trouble picking up men. Often with just one arm.
- That Norelco Triple Head Flexible Shaver in their gym bags is for their legs. Of course they don’t need to shave their backsides or naturally lantern-like jaws.
- That is NOT their “package”. They just keep their lipstick and car keys in their bikini bottoms while onstage.
The extreme musculature of the woman bodybuilder is all about training, and has nothing to do with using dangerous and illegal drugs. So to all the haters, I say stop teasing them for looking masculine -especially you drag queens.
Before you get the crap kicked out of you.